Software Development Courses & Degrees
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics forecasts 21% growth (or a whopping 284,100 new jobs) in software development from 2018 to 2028, placing it among the nation's fastest growing career paths. The proliferation of mobile and cloud technologies, soaring demand for business intelligence software, and the need to develop secure systems to combat escalating cyber threats will help drive this hiring boom for skilled and certified software developers.
Universities, colleges and private computer schools offer training programs featuring coursework in marketable software development skills. Compare software development courses & degrees in the U.S. and online below.
Featured Software Development Programs
BS Computer Science - Software Engineering
Students in this specialized computer science program will use the latest software engineering tools, techniques and programming languages to develop secure software systems and applications. Graduates of this online bachelor's program will be prepared for job roles such as Full Stack Developer, Application Developer, Systems Engineer and Programmer Analyst.
- User Interface/Experience (UI/UX) Design for Cloud-Based and Mobile Technologies
- Evaluate & Implement Emerging Systems Architectures to Achieve Business Goals
- Identify Software Vulnerabilities and Develop Secure Systems and Applications
- Use Reverse Engineering to Develop, Improve and Support Existing Software
Learning Method:Online Degree
Financial Aid Available:Federal, State, Military & Scholarships
Related degree programs at SNHU:
- AS in Information Technologies
- BS in Computer Science - Information Security
- BS in IT - Software Development
- MS In IT - Software Application Development
- Compare all programs at SNHU
Software Development Certificates & Degrees
Compare professional certificates and college degree programs matching the software developer education requirements and career track.