CCNP Enterprise demonstrates competence as a professional network engineer.
This new CCNP certification takes into account the increasing inter-connectivity of workers, hardware, and applications in the organization, enabling CCNP Enterprise certificate holders to compete in the rapidly evolving networking space. This credential is appropriate for IT professionals with 3-5 years of relevant experience who can independently manage Cisco network technologies.
To become CCNP Enterprise certified, you must pass two exams: one in core network technologies, plus one in a concentration of your choice. The concentration exam enables you to target your CCNP to a specific job role. Beyond achieving your CCNP Enterprise, each additional concentration test you pass earns you an individual Specialization certificate to validate your updated skill set. The CCNP concentration exam options include areas like network design, wireless networking, and automation; see the full list of CCNP Enterprise exams below.
Cisco Certified Network Professionals are best suited to roles such as network administrator, network engineer, and (higher tier) help desk technician.
Cisco CCNP Certification Exams
CCNP Certification Prerequisites
Cisco CCNP Certification Training
Cisco CCNP Certification Jobs
CCNP Certification Salary
Related Career Paths
Skills Measured by CCNP Certification
Here are the key skill sets validated by CCNP Enterprise certification. Cisco Certified Network Professionals can:
- Implement and configure an EIGRP based solution.
- Create a multi-area OSPF Network and configure OSPF routing.
- Implement an eBGP based solution and configure eBGP routing.
- Setup an IPv6 based solution and document implementation results.
- Implement and configure an IPv4 or IPv6 redistribution solution.
- Create Layer 3 Path Control Solutions and broadband connections.
- Determine the necessary resources and implement VLAN based solution.
- Plan and implement a Security Extension of Layer 2 solutions.
- Design and configure Switch based Layer 3 services.
- Implement advanced VoIP, video, and wireless support solutions.
- Implement High Availability and confirm using show & debug commands.
- Maintain the network and develop a plan to monitor performance.
- Troubleshoot Multi Protocol systems, such as EIGRP, NAT and OSPF.
View the CCNP Enterprise Core and Specialization exam objectives below for a more complete curriculum.
CCNP Certification Exams
To become CCNP Enterprise certified, candidates must pass ONE Core exam and ONE Concentration exam:
- Cisco Exam #350-401 ENCOR "Implementing and Operating Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies"
|ENCOR Exam Objectives (350-401)|
- Cisco Exam #300-410 ENARSI "Implementing Cisco Enterprise Advanced Routing and Services"
|ENARSI Exam Objectives (300-410)|
- Cisco Exam #300-415 ENSDWI "Implementing Cisco SD-WAN Solutions"
|ENSDWI Exam Objectives (300-415)|
- Cisco Exam #300-420 ENSLD "Designing Cisco Enterprise Networks"
|ENSLD Exam Objectives (300-420)|
- Cisco Exam #300-425 ENWLSD "Designing Cisco Enterprise Wireless Networks"
|ENWLSD Exam Objectives (300-425)|
- Cisco Exam #300-430 ENWLSI "Implementing Cisco Enterprise Wireless Networks"
|ENWLSI Exam Objectives (300-430)|
- Cisco Exam #300-435 ENAUTO "Automating and Programming Cisco Enterprise Solutions"
|ENAUTO Exam Objectives (300-435)|
After passing your first concentration exam, CCNPs will earn Specialization certs for each additional concentration exam passed.
CCNP Exam Formats: Exams are comprised of multiple testing formats including multiple choice, drag-and-drop, fill-in-the-blank, testlet, simlet, and simulations. Explore the Cisco Certification Exam Tutorial at Cisco.com to familiarize yourself with these question types.
CCNP Passing Scores: Approximately 75% correct; Cisco does not publish exam passing scores because test questions and passing scores are subject to change without notice. (Source: Cisco.com)
CCNP Certification Prerequisites
- Required: There are no formal prerequisites for the CCNP Enterprise certification exams.
- Recommended: Three to five years of relevant networking experience.
CCNP Certification Training & Education
Compare the top-rated accredited degree programs, certification boot camps, professional certificates and self-paced online courses matching Cisco CCNP Certification and related career tracks.
Course Highlights & Certifications
Cisco CCNP Jobs
CCNP certification qualifies you for a variety of exciting job roles including:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional: Find CCNP Job Openings
- Network Manager: Find Network Management Jobs
- Senior Network Engineer: Find Senior Network Engineer Jobs
- Cisco Network Engineer: Find Cisco Networking Jobs
- Network Engineering Manager: Find Network Engineer Manager Jobs
CCNP Certification Salary
Average salary for Cisco Certified Network Professionals and related Cisco certification-holders:
- CCENT: Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician | $59,000
- CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate | $75,000
- CCNA Security | $78,000
- CCNA Voice | $79,000
- CCNA Wireless | $79,000
- Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Support Specialist | $86,000
- CCDA: Cisco Certified Design Associate | $88,000
- CCNP Wireless | $89,000
- CCNP: Cisco Certified Network Professional | $92,000
- CCVP: Cisco Certified Voice Professional | $95,000
- CCSP: Cisco Certified Security Professional | $100,000
- CCNP Security | $103,000
- CCDP: Cisco Certified Design Professional | $106,000
- CCIE Routing & Switching | $122,000
- CCIE Security | $130,000
Mean salary by Cisco certification (USA)
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
- EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)